Christi’s Top 5 Home Trends
I think we can all agree that when it comes to building a home, adding those touches of your personality is the best part. Just like fashion, your home can have a style of its own too!
For today’s homeowners the first thing that comes to mind when considering what countertops to install or paint colors work best is…Pinterest. This can be frustrating though, as the plethora of inspiration is overwhelming. Just like fashion, your home can have a style of its own too! Home construction has seen just as many changes over the years as the fashion industry. Tastes & styles change and just like that, no one wants a toilet in the cool shade of “groovy avocado” anymore.
The process of picking paint colors, cabinetry & flooring is exciting but might leave you feeling stressed. We decided to sit down with our designer, Christi, to share a few trends worth trying! Use these trend ideas as you build your new home, or try them out for a DIY renovation of your own!
Christi’s Top 5
- Lighter Hues. Interior paint colors like creamy off-whites and pale blue-grays are excellent choices for your home. These airy hues brighten up your space and are relatively neutral. No need to worry about matching here!
- Premium appliances. When thinking about our idea of “home,” we want this to be a space we absolutely love. Think about your lifestyle and if having premium appliances would make your life easier, go for it! Have a big family, or just love cooking? Consider double ovens in your kitchen to make hosting dinner parties a breeze! Add in that beautiful French Door refrigerator for extra space, too!
- Gray Plank Flooring. Just like we mentioned with paint colors, Christi is seeing more subtle tones in flooring, too. Softer, gray planks are more desirable than the rich, dark hues of the past. The gray tones still allow for some texture to peak through, giving the rooms of your home a more natural feel.
- Cabinet polarity. Currently, when it comes to cabinetry its one way or the other: white shaker style cabinets or very dark walnut stained cabinets. Possibly because both are beautiful! These two styles both go well with the subtle gray flooring and light wall colors.
- Large, elongated tile or slate-like vinyl. This modern touch adds a bit of contemporary sleekness to the look of your home. Adding some contrast to the softer colors and elements mentioned above, the slate-like vinyl or elongated subway tile will mix in well with the other elements and add balance to your space!
Mention these styles to Christi when you’re in the building process and how they might work in your home!