If you’re like us, Spring is a time to be outdoors & enjoy the company of others! Gone of the frigid winter days & coming in are the warm Spring evenings! (ok, we know we don’t really have frigid days in Georgia, but hey- it’s been really cold!) After being cooped up indoors for months on end, we’re all excited to spend some much needed time in the elements. Luckily, there are tons of fantastic place to visit in our community. Grab the family & your four-legged friends & spend a little time enjoying the great outdoors of our community.
- Bryant Commons: Located right off Highway 84 this quiet park is the spot in Hinesville for spending a day outside! With something for the entire family, & plenty of space for everyone it will be a Spring favorite for sure! The park is open from dawn to dusk, daily, and has a playground, dog park, walking trails & pond for all to enjoy. Bring your bikes or a Frisbee for a day of fun in the sun. Also at Bryant Commons are the Veterans Memorial & the ITPA museum, both fantastic stops for your family to visit.
- Cay Creek Wetlands Interpretive Center: This nature trail is located in Midway, just a short distance from Highway 84. Meander along the boardwalk & take in the various natural elements of coastal Georgia. Informative signs are seen throughout to provide information on the plants & critters found at Cay Creek. See a beaver dam, lizards, butterflies & over 100 different types of birds that frequent Liberty County. Cay Creek is open 9am-dusk daily.
- LCRD Parks: The Liberty County Recreation Department maintains several parks throughout the area. Visit parks with walking trails, playgrounds, water access & more! Pack a picnic and spend the day playing outdoors!
- Holbrook Pond: This next outdoor stop is operated by Fort Stewart located off Highway 144. It is another spot to visit for a relaxing outdoor afternoon. A large pond with playgrounds & plenty of space to run around are perfect for soaking up some Vitamin D. Bring your tackle box & fishing pole & see if you can catch a big one!
- Go for a drive & explore! This one might involve some time in the car, but ultimately would be worth it, too! Many outdoor adventures await for you & your family within a 30-minute drive from Hinesville. Explore the squares of Savannah, historic forts, coastal botanical gardens or go a bit further for a trip to the beach!