Flemington is a small town located in Liberty County, Georgia, United States. The town was established in 1790 and named after William Fleming, a Scottish physician and American Revolutionary War soldier.
During the Civil War, the town of Flemington was occupied by Union forces, and the area around the town saw significant military action, including the Battle of Flemington on February 7, 1865.
After the war, the town of Flemington became a center for the production of lumber, turpentine, and agriculture. In the early 1900s, the town had a sawmill, a turpentine distillery, and several stores.
In 1919, Flemington was incorporated as a town, and its first mayor was J. H. Martin. The town continued to grow and develop throughout the 20th century, with new businesses and homes being built to include Dryden Enterprises’ own Flemington Village. This neighborhood sits just next to Heritage Pointe!
Today, Flemington is a small, quiet community with a population of around 600 people. The town is located just a few miles west of the city of Hinesville and is known for its historic homes and buildings, including the Flemington Presbyterian Church, which was built in 1854 and is still in use today.